Wednesday 16 December 2009

week 51

Well, looks like I'm more the one-blog-entry-a-week kind of person...
; )
Last week I did promise to show my woodcarving project once it's finished, so that's what I'm going to do today. When I first posted it it was still very bland. I have to admit, it didn't change all that much in the end... and it did not become a bowl either...
This is what it looked like after I was done sanding it:















Already you can see the lovely pattern of the grain. But look what happened when I rubbed it with flax oil:














Aren't those colours phenomenal?
And now imagine it with a candle burning in it:
















The warm candle light makes the grain come alive, and it looks so cosy, just perfect for winter!
(sorry for the bad quality shot, I lent my tripod to a friend and just couldn't wait for her to return it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment