Thursday 26 November 2009

cats and dogs



No, no pets in todays blog entry, just a deep sigh about the weather...
It has been dreadful around here this whole week, so I felt I needed some chocolaty comfort:



They are very easy to make, you can find the original recipe here. I had to improvise, though. I have no idea how many oreo biscuits are in an American package, so I played around with the amounts until they were about right. Maybe mine are a little less smooth, and I covered them in white chocolate, but I assure you, they are lovely nonetheless! I used 7 biscuits, 45g of cream cheese and ordinary white chocolate.

I've also finished a little something to give away, although K kind of fell in love with it and it won't be easy to get her to hand it over:



I saw the pattern for these little crochet birds here and loved them straight away.
I just added a little flower I made up. Well, probably I'm not the only one who came up with it in crochet history, since it's such an easy pattern... ;)
And here it is:
---
beginning cluster:
chain 2, yarn over, insert hook in the same stitch, yarn over, pull through, yarn over, pull yarn through 2 loops, yarn over, insert hook in stitch, yarn over, pull through, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through last 3 loops

cluster:
(yarn over, insert hook in stitch, yarn over, pull through, yarn over, pull through 2 loops) 3 times, yarn over, pull through remaining 4 loops

with colour #1
chain 3, make a beginning cluster in the first chain,
ch3
(cluster, ch3) 5 times
join to the top of beginning cluster with a slip stitch
(you should have 6 clusters now, separated by 6 ch3 spaces)
fasten off

join new colour to any ch3 space
(dc, htr, tr, htr, dc) in same space
*(dc, htr, tr, htr, dc) in next ch3 space*
repeat * all around and join with a slip stitch
fasten off
---
This is my first attempt at writing a pattern that not only I have to be able to read, so please forgive me if I made some mistakes here and there. If you come across one, please let me know so I can straighten it out.

Well, enough for today. It's way past my bedtime, and I'll surely regret having stayed up so late when my little living alarm clock (i.e. K) starts screaming for attention in the morning. At least we won't have to hurry through the cold rain before even really being awake, since there's no school tomorrow. Ah, the simple pleasures... ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment